Monday, February 6, 2017

Hairball & Being Transferred To A New Area

Thank you to Nika Udaltsova for sending this photos of Elder Johnson to us.  :)


Good morning everyone! Or evening depending on where you are.  

This week we have received our transfer calls. Tomorrow, I'll be heading to the southern section of our mission, into a little city called Kreevoy Rog (Crooked Horn). I haven't been there yet, but I’ve heard that there are about 6 members there and they meet in a hotel conference room for church. I have also been assigned as the zone leader in the south zone (there are three zones in the mission. North, central, and south.) I'm a little nervous to be "in charge" of the southern cities, but it's going to be cool. I heard my new companion is a kid from Texas and is a total workhorse, so that will be fun. I'm excited to meet him. I'm beyond excited to be heading to a new area, though I am going miss the awesome people here. I'm also excited to see what will be next on this adventure called a mission. I'm sure I’ll have a lot to say about this new area in the next weekly email. 



A lot of this week has been prepping our area for transfers. Elder Anderson and I opened up a new apartment for missionaries and worked on that apartment almost all week (gutting the it, putting in furniture, painting, and fighting any creatures we found in the dark realms of 'old apartment storage'). So all in all, it has been a pretty fun week.



I can't say that anything too profound has happened this week, unless you count the giant hairball of an unknown animal, which was in the new apartment's flowerpot.  I'd elaborate more on the other phenomenon we found there, but I have to pack today.  I love you all and wish you all the best this week. Be sure to try to find an opportunity to serve those around you, in whatever forms it may be. I promise you'll feel pretty great afterwards (even if there's a giant hair ball involved). 

With Love, 

Elder Cody L. Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment