Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Be A Pioneer



Hello Everyone!! I'm going to start this blog off with a big thank you to the Harrison Ward (my home church congregation). I just got all of your Christmas letters! I enjoyed reading each of the wonderful notes you sent. Thank you very much. 

Not much has happened this week. Some more snow and ice, slipping in the snow, and being called a Yankee by some of the older folks here. But this week in Ukraine has been pretty dang fun. 

W had an English lesson on Pioneers and what it means to be a pioneer.  Thanks to the Google, we had this definition for the class:

pi·o·neer
/ˌpīəˈnir/
noun
noun: pioneer; plural noun: pioneers
1. A person who is among the first to explore or settle a new country or area.

verb
verb: pioneer; 3rd person present: pioneers; past tense: pioneered; past participle: pioneered; gerund or present participle: pioneering
1. Develop or be the first to use or apply (a new method, area of knowledge, or activity).

We ended up playing a game about pointing out characteristics of pioneers. Some of the responses were normal (brave, tough, smart). Though there were many other answers, the words that stuck out to me that they said were "Brave, Adventurous, and Resilient". Maybe it's all the Borscht or Shuarma (middle eastern burrito) I've been eating but those words just really stick out and inspire me personally to be a "pioneer".

Elder Cody Johnson, Vladimir Andreev, Elder Anderson

Unfortunately I don’t have much time again but I want to challenge you all, readers and friends, to go out and be a pioneer or do something of that nature. 
I love you all. I hope all you are doing well and staying out of trouble. 

Regards, 

Elder Cody J. Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment