Monday, January 2, 2017

A Quiet New Year's Eve



We really didn't do anything for New Years eve but go inside at 5 o'clock since people get pretty crazy and drunk very early in the day. We did stay the night at some other elders house since we live super far away from everything else around us. That was fun. We didn’t do anything too crazy, just made pudding. haha.


We haven't gone back to a behind the walls at the Dojo lately, since we have been working with some investors. Vasya, he's a cool guy we met in the Metro. A couple we will just call A & E, they were the ones that we had to be cautious of because people thought they were spies and Artem   Besides, I don't think the Dojo brought much fruits except for sore shoulders and broken pride. haha We do plan to go to an art gallery for a behind the walls. (I had asked a local where people usually meet up to make new friends and the Art Gallery was the answer). So that will be happening this week.


I gave a talk about missionary work this last Sunday. I was afraid would end up switching up some religious word with some vulgar ones and just destroy the entire church service. Thankfully, that didn't happen and there were no serious mistakes. haha 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVEYONE! 

Love,

Elder Cody Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Elder Cody...is that okay to say? Not so formal but still getting in the Elder part. I won't bother asking my hubby because he would probably nix it! ;0/ I just want to wish you a very happy and successful New Year. I do have a question for you. Do you have hot water showers all of the time? If so, I am so happy for you!
    You have always been the happy, easy going personality that will not let "stuff" get you down. I know winter can be very long and cold over there, however, I am pretty sure you will muster through it cheerfully! I love to hear the bishop talk about you. It is not hard to see the love he has for you. I truly think that during his time as bishop, he would say that seeing you and Cameron go on your missions and the bond and love that he feels for the two of you would be top on his list. His time is drawing to a close and I know he will cherish the time he had with you. Keep smiling Elder Cody! My love, Sis. Janie ;0)

    ReplyDelete