Monday, September 26, 2016

A Very Cool Experience!



We found a Russian family. A church member mentioned he heard some people speaking Russian on his street so we started going door to door. We taught some people and then asked them about Russians. So we eventually got to this one heavy duty, steel door. We knocked and waited for a moment, and then the door crept open just an inch. A little older woman peeked out and asked what we wanted. Her accent was pretty thick and sounded Russian, so I took a leap of faith and asked her if she spoke Russian (in Russian). Immediately her face lit up. She swung opened the door and started to speak extremely fast in Russian. After she finished speaking, she looked at me with a huge smile on her face. I didn't catch a single thing she said. I first apologized that my Russian wasn't that good, and then I explained we were missionaries. She excitedly nodded and said she would love for us to meet and discuss more. She pulled out a piece of paper and wrote her number down.

After we left Elder Deason turned towards me and asked, "What just happened?"  I looked back at him and replied, "I have no idea."
So I suppose the lesson here is that things work out in a strange way. All of the weird sorts of changes in our plans (and lives) have a reason farther down the line.

Sorry this blog is short. I’ll have some more for you guys soon. 

Love,  

Elder Cody Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment